Society For Rural Development & Computer Technology was established on 13th March, 20008 by committed social activist Mr. K. K. Sinha. He was concerned about the inequalities prevalent in society and initiated social welfare activities in remote and rural areas of Kankuri block in Jashpur district in the state of Chhattisgarh. Society For Rural Development & Computer Technology, as the name suggests, was established as a Non Governmental volunteer organization to cater to the unserved and under-served communities, with focus on the most vulnerable groups. The society was established to facilitate socio-economic development and empowerment of rural tribal population and particularly women through awareness and training on technical skills.
Since its inception, the society has been working towards social development and empowerment of the underprivileged individuals, to make them self reliant and capable to survive their lives without any outside support.
Society For Rural Development & Computer Technology has been working in the core thrust areas of Computer Training, Child Development, Education, Youth Empowerment and Women Empowerment. The organization has been working with a view to strengthen and add value to the ongoing work in the social development sector and to contribute in the nation building process. It works collectively by building a network with government, community, professionals, community based organizations and civil society organizations.
Mission & Vision
To be a Knowledge/ Execution Partner of Schools, NGOs, Corporate, and Government agencies for development programmes across India.
To work towards a better India. Which provides basic education, food, shelter, women empowerment, nature-protection, Youth empowerment, Social-Justice, Cultural-Integration, Skill-Development and a social-Global village for all with peace-Love and harmony.
Aims And Objectives
Promote overall development of the deprived and marginalized communities by providing them social, economic, educational, legal, health and livelihood support. To make people independent and enable them for sustainable self-reliance to fight for their rights in every sphere of life in general and to women folks in particular. We aim to create a society based on equality and justice; a society where women can influence policies and actions at all levels of decisions to safeguard their rights and help to promote sustainable development.
- To bring about radical change among the most marginalized sections of the society by facilitating access to basic needs including livelihood, education, health care and strengthening their participation in local governance
- To prevent migration and trafficking by enhancing employability through technical and vocational trainings and facilitating employment /self-employment opportunities
- To establish linkages with concerned government departments, organizations and development agencies to improve the living standard of underprivileged communities in rural and urban areas
- To facilitate equitable development of women and children hailing from the unserved and the under-served communities
- To promote gender equality and facilitate women empowerment
- To ensure holistic development of the primitive tribal groups (PTG) by through promotion of livelihood, education, health care, human rights and community based rehabilitation